As required by the British Columbia Financial Institution Act (1989, Chapter 47), Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. provides full disclosure on all matters pertaining to our relationships. Therefore it is important that you are aware of the following.
RELATIONSHIP WITH COMPANIES REPRESENTED
No insurance or investment company or financial institution holds an ownership interest in Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd., nor do we hold an interest in any insurance or investment company or financial institution. We represent the following insurers/financial institutions:
|BMO Insurance||Empire Life||Industrial Alliance||Pacific Blue Cross|
|Canada Life||Equitable Life||Manulife Financial||Sun Life Financial|
|Great West Life||RBC Insurance||Desjardins Insurance||GroupHealth Benefit Solutions|
|Medjet Assist||Greenshields||Axa Insurance Canada|
|Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd.|
We are entitled to receive compensation from the carrier(s) for contracts sold. Compensation may include commissions, bonuses, conference credits, and renewal commission/trailer fees for inforce contracts.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. takes conflict of interest seriously and will notify you and the appropriate carrier if there is a possible conflict of interest in any recommendation we make to you.
Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. holds itself to the highest ethical standards and is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and used in accordance with the current Federal and Provincial Legislations. We respect your privacy and want you to understand how we safeguard your personal information.
- Personal information such as financial and medical information collected will be limited to the information necessary for you to apply for the products and services you wish to acquire. That information will be shared with product & service providers (i.e., the specific company whose product you apply for) and our intermediaries (IDC Worldsource, Group Health Benefit Systems).
- No information collected will be used for any unauthorized purpose(s).
- Files containing personal information are locked up after office hours in a secure location. The appropriate security measures (such as firewalls, passwords, virus protection, etc.) have been taken with regard to electronic records.
- Personal Information is properly disposed of where no longer required to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as requested or permitted by law.
- You have the right to access any personal information that the insurance company, financial institution or Dupuis Langen has about you and to have this information amended (amendment involves the correction, deletion or addition of information).
In accordance with Anti-Money Laundering legislation, Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. is required to obtain copies of your Social Insurance Number, Business Identification Number, Health Care Card Number, and Photo Identification to uniquely identify you in the collection and verification of Information for your contract. This information is kept on file for the time period required by law and by guidelines set for the financial service industry.
Insurance: In the case of an insurance application, the insurance company requires your express consent to obtain information about you from underwriting evidence collection services, hospitals, doctors and the Medical Information Bureau (MIB), other insurance companies, financial institutions, motor vehicle reports, employment information, and companies specializing in the transfer of information such as Watermark, ExamOne, Hooper Holmes or Medaxio.
Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. does not have access to the medical/financial information collected by the underwriting insurer without your express consent.
Investments: Information collected for the purchase of investments will be shared with the company holding your investment funds.
Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. records telephone conversations for the administration of your account(s)/contract(s), information verification and to maintain quality service controls.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, the process for amending your personal information, or withdrawing your express or implied consent, please contact our Privacy Officer Anna Nyarady by phone at (604) 270–1142 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org