As required by the British Columbia Financial Institution Act (1989, Chapter 47), Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd. (dba The Dupuis Langen Group) provides full disclosure on all matters pertaining to our relationships. Therefore, it is important that you are aware of the following.
RELATIONSHIP WITH COMPANIES REPRESENTED
No insurance or investment company, financial institution or 3rd party administrator holds an ownership interest in The Dupuis Langen Group, nor do we hold an interest in any insurance or investment company, financial institution or 3rd party administrator. We represent the following insurers and 3rd party administrators:
|Cooperators||Greenshields||Pacific Blue Cross||Medjet Assist|
|BMO Insurance||Equitable Life||Industrial Alliance||Standard Life|
|Canada Life||Equitable Life||Manulife Financial||Sun Life Financial|
|Great West Life||RBC Insurance||Transamerica Life||GroupHealth Benefit Systems|
|Diane Dupuis||British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario|
|Despina Williams||British Columbia|
|Brian Cole||British Columbia|
|Anna Nyarady||British Columbia|
|Zahra Rashid||British Columbia|
|Dupuis Langen Financial Management (1985) Ltd||British Columbia|
We are entitled to receive compensation from the carrier(s) for contracts sold. Compensation may include commissions, bonuses, conference credits, and renewal commission/trailer fees for in force contracts.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The Dupuis Langen Group takes conflict of interest seriously and will notify you and the appropriate carrier if there is a possible conflict of interest in any recommendation we make to you.
The Dupuis Langen Group holds itself to the highest ethical standards and is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and used in accordance with the current Federal and Provincial Legislations. We respect your privacy and want you to understand how we safeguard your personal information.
- Personal information such as financial and medical collected will be limited to the information necessary for you to apply for the products and services you wish to acquire. That information will be shared with product & service providers (i.e., the specific company whose product you apply for) and our intermediaries (IDC Worldsource, Group Health Benefit Systems).
- No information collected will be used for any unauthorized purpose(s).
- Files containing personal information are locked up after office hours in a secure location. The appropriate security measures (such as firewalls, passwords, virus protection, etc.) have been taken with regards to electronic records.
- Information that is no longer needed is shredded or stored in a secure location.
- You have the right to access any personal information that the insurance company, financial institution or Dupuis Langen has about you and to have this information amended (amendment involves the correction, deletion or addition of information).
In accordance with Anti-Money Laundering legislation, The Dupuis Langen Group is required to obtain copies of your Social Insurance Number, Business Identification Number, and Photo Identification to uniquely identify you in the collection and verification of Information for your contract. This information is kept on file for the time period you are a client.
Insurance: In the case of an insurance application, the insurance company requires your written permission to obtain information about you from paramedical companies, hospitals, doctors and the Medical Information Bureau (MIB), other insurance companies, financial institutions, motor vehicle reports, employment information, and companies specializing in the transfer of information such as Keyfacts or Watermark.
The Dupuis Langen Group does not have access to the medical/financial information collected by the underwriting insurer without your express consent.
The Dupuis Langen Group records telephone conversations for the administration of your accounts/contracts and to maintain quality service levels.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, the process for amending your personal information, or withdrawing your express or implied consent, please contact our Privacy Officer Anna Nyarady by phone at (604)270–1142 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.